• History of Kinesiology Taping
• Discussion of the differences between different brands of Kinesiology Tape
• Latest research on Kinesiology Taping
• Indications and contraindications of Kinesiology Taping
• Fascia and fascial chain
• Proper biomechanics and hand holds
• Utilizing Kinesiology Tape
• Structure/diagnosis, treatment, protocol*
• Identify the indications, precautions, and contraindications of kinesiology taping.
• Apply knowledge of relevant region-specific anatomy and biomechanics to the evaluation and treatment of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
• Demonstrate kinesiology taping techniques for the most common impairments of the spine and extremity.
• Select effective treatment strategies using manual therapy, therapeutic exercise, and evidence-based taping techniques.
• Implement evidence-based taping strategies that can be utilized the next clinical day to help clients return to the work, recreation, and other activities of daily living quicker.
• Establish complementary home exercise programs that will effectively improve patient outcomes.
– Box of kinesiology tape
– Course Manual
– Approved CE/ 8 Contact Hours
– Certificate of Completion
(PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, DC, DO, MD, NR, LMT)
1:16 Instructor to Attendee
|| Introduction, Kinesiology Taping Concepts, Theory, History,
Tape Qualities, Demo, 5 Physiological Effects
|| Kinesiology Taping Assessments & Labs,
Review basic taping protocols for shoulder, knee, elbow and low back
|| Joint Function; Biointegrity, Applications, Prep, Precautions; Intro to Kinesiology Taping Assessent
|| Kinesio Taping Assessments & Labs,
Advance kinesiology taping protocols ACL tears, frozen shoulder, acute knee ligament tear protocols
|| Assessment Q&A; KT1 Review, Application Requests; Conclusion
|| Q & A & Participant Evaluations
KOHED is required to disclose financial or other association with any manufacture, commercial products/supporters. KOHED discloses such association with MuscleAidTapeTM. The tape options will be used during the course for demonstration and practice purposes and will be offered for purchase. In no way is the sale of the products the primary purpose of this course. The techniques offered during the course are generalized and providers should decide what kinesiology tape and treatment is best for each individual patient.