Module + 1 instrument (lil'alice)
Requirements to becoming a IASTM L1 Expert Practitioner?
• Must have achieved or is a student in your last year working towards one or more of the following credentials: PT, PTA, OT, OTA, MD, RN, DO, DC, AT, LMT, and CMT.
• Completed KOHED IASTM L1 or completed Graston Technique, FAKTR, ASTYM, or Hawk Grips training that includes a lab, we will consider those adequate to register for IASTM L2 Expert Practitioner certification module.
• Pass written exam with 80% or higher.
• Pass practical lab exam.
• History of IASTM
• Discussion of the differences between different brands of IASTM instruments
• Latest research on IASTM techniques
• Indications and contraindications of IASTM techniques
• Fascia and fascial chain
• Review 7 foundational & introduction to 6 advance strokes
• Proper biomechanics and hand holds
• Utilizing 2 IASTM instruments
• Structure/diagnosis, treatment, protocol*
• Identify and describe and list the understand of anatomy of superficial fascia and deep fascia and the layers of fascial tissue with other tissues as it relates to IASTM.
• Explain the effect of hyaluronic acid and its effect on fascia and how it can affect the lubricant of the hyaluronic acid and its effects on soft tissue.
• Identify and correctly distinguish at least 10 indications and contraindications of IASTM treatment techniques.
• Classify the different materials for IASTM instruments and point out its effects on cross contamination between patients.
• Apply knowledge of IASTM techniques by physically demonstrating the seven foundational and 6 advance strokes.
• Explain the effects of pressure and time limits on each of the thirty treatment protocols for IASTM techniques.
• Apply knowledge of optimal patient positions and properly apply the correct strokes for each of the thirty treatment protocols listed above.
(PT, PTA, OT, OTA, AT, DC, DO, MD, ND, LMT, MT)
1:16 Instructor to Attendee
KOHED is required to disclose financial or other association with any manufacture, commercial products/supporters. KOHED discloses such association with Fibroblaster TM. The tape options will be used during the course for demonstration and practice purposes and will be offered for purchase. In no way is the sale of the products the primary purpose of this course. The techniques offered during the course are generalized and providers should decide what IASTM instrument(s) and treatment is best for each individual patient.